Sunday, January 22, 2012

Organizing Kick

So I have started an organizing obsession in my house. Truth be told my house is always a mess, and it doesn't matter what I do I am constantly going in circles in regard to cleaning. I always think to myself if I could just put my kids in school for one week my house would finally be completely clean. But alas, I chose homeschooling and with it the mess or at least till I organize everything!

So I started with a really small space, my laundry room, everything was pulled out. I cleaned and then sorted through EVERYTHING, and everything was given a place, either out of the laundry room if it didn't belong, and into some kind of container or designated space for whatever stayed. And after two weeks she is still clean, most of my hair brained organizing schemes last a few days. The key was purging, and sorting into specific categories rather than general ones.

The best part I didn't buy one thing to organize I have been hanging onto a lot of my little containers and finally put them into use.

DSCF1277

DSCF1275

DSCF1276

I put a little can over the lint trap, one to collect all the lint that is pulled out because before the kids just left it on top of the dryer. And to remind me to clean the lint trap, not something I remember to do!
DSCF1279

I found this idea for a pocket find or junk jar on Pinterst!
DSCF1280

Alas my chalkboard labels are not working as well as I would like they keep getting wiped off. But I wanted something I could easily change and that has already come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment