Sunday, August 5, 2012

Back to Homeschool Feast!

This year I really wanted to start some traditions, we stink at traditions! So what better way to start some than to try a ton of things and hope a few stick right! Anyway we started with a Back to Homeschool Feast! Tonight before our first day of school we had a fancy meal together. We used the nice dishes, wine glasses for our sparkling grape juice, & cloth napkins! The kids picked the menu: steak, mac & cheese, corn on the cob and garlic bread. I was also tickled to get to use my Grandma's retro serving oven for bread!

I wrote their name and grade on a sentence strip and on the back I wrote my prayer for them this year.

Piper looking at hers like "what grade am I in?"

We also introduced our goals for the year:

Then we went over tomorrow's routine and expectations. And then I made them happy again with ice cream cones!




It was fun and I hope to do it again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment