Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 3 - Blessings

Well I am down another 2.8 pounds for a total of 7.2 pounds! Every pound in motivation, I think I actually need to start taking my measurements, because I put some pants on today that fell right off! I felt kind of cruddy today and didn't want to deal with craving food so I hide in my room a lot and took a nap, luckily Troy is being my champion right now so I can be grumpy and withdrawn.

I have come to realize that I spend my days anticipating meals, what a crazy habit to break. I have tried to turn my focus to other things that I will do later today to help me fight the cravings. I hope that I can do this each day because it is a horrible mental battle, and no life to live waiting for my next meal.

Funny thing, so I bought a diet plan devotional 6 months or so ago. But once I got it and read the diet plan I was like, ehhh no I don't think I could do that. It was to fast off refined sugar, flour, and processed food. I imagine I am now taking a more extreme route, but I am happy to be reading the devotional, scriptures and prayers each day. I really feel that God led me down this path and like I have said before He is strength in my weakness. This fast is helping me to see how strong He is and how much I need Him.

And speaking of God and His blessings on my life I had my first dentist appointment today in like 8 years! I was so freaked out, after 8 years I could only see the worst coming out of it! But seriously best dentist appointment ever! I do have a cavity (a little one) my first ever and after 8 years that is the price I pay. But the coolest thing ever happened. She was looking at my teeth and said "you have some orthobond on your teeth would you like me to remove it". That alone doesn't sound that major but for the past 15 years I have had this stuff on my teeth and since my braces came off it has gotten yellower and yellower it was so ugly and disgusting and the few dentists I did see the years after my braces came off said the only thing that would help my teeth was professional whitening treatments. If you all have seen me smile you know what I am talking about. And this awesome dentist removed it in less than a minute! 15 years of a self conscious gross ugly smile, gone! I didn't know if I should cry or jump up and down, instead I thanked her a lot. What a blessing that appointment was today. I can't stop smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment